It’s that time of the year! The best players in the US are all set to fight each other in a 12-player round robin for the title of the US Chess Champion. The event is organized between April 13 and April 30 in Saint Louis.
This year, we have the following contenders:
- GM Hikaru Nakamura (USCF: 2869)
- GM Fabiano Caruana (USCF: 2858)
- GM Wesley So (USCF: 2848)
- GM Ray Robson (USCF: 2752)
- GM Alex Onischuk (USCF: 2745)
- GM Gata Kamsky (USCF: 2737)
- GM Alex Lenderman (USCF: 2727)
- GM Sam Shankland (USCF: 2723)
- GM Varuzhan Akobian (USCF: 2704)
- GM Jeffrey Xiong (USCF: 2675)
- GM Alexander Shabalov (USCF: 2622)
- IM Akshat Chandra (USCF: 2608)
Read more about the players on the official site blog here.
GM Maurice Ashley will be one of the commentators at the event, bringing you insightful entertainment during the event. Stay tuned!